Introduction to micro-entrepreneurship in Finland 5 op (OY) - AY00AH94
Aika ja paikka
5.9.22 - 3.6.23
The course is an independent entity and its completion does not require other studies.
Opintojakso on vaihtoehtoinen Mikroyrittäjyyden perusteet -jakson kanssa ja suositellaan suoritettavaksi ennen muita opintojaksoja.
The target group for this course are mainly International participants who are; interested in micro-entrepreneurship in Finland, interested in becoming a micro-entrepreneur, or are already working as entrepreneurs in Finland.
Anna-Mari Simunaniemi, FT, Oulun yliopiston Mikroyrittäjyyskeskus MicroENTREn tutkimusjohtaja
- Gets to know the basic features of microentrepreneurship and enterprise management in the Finnish business context.
- Knows the definitions, characteristics as well as economic and societal impact of microenterprises.
- Understands the central elements of becoming an entrepreneur and managing economically sustainable business.
- Knows the key elements of making a business plan
- Recognizes the importance of company values, goals and entrepreneurial skills to the sustainable business management
The course provides an introduction a comprehensive understanding of the field of micro-entrepreneurship for participants who are interested in micro-entrepreneurship in Finland and/or who are interested in starting a career as a micro-entrepreneur.
The course provides basic understanding of the definitions and importance of micro-enterprises, and the special features of micro-entrepreneurship management. The content of the course includes identifying the importance of values, goals and competencies in relation to business success.
This course also provides practical tools for financial and business planning that can be utilised to support future and current entrepreneurs in both planning and running a micro-enterprise in Finland.
Additionally, participants are provided with links to relevant documentation, authorities and entrepreneurship networks in Finland.
Pass / Fail
Approved completion of written assignments
Written material indicated by the teacher. Material in Moodle (videos, podcasts). Online material.